From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:12:20 +0900
"[log in to unmask]" wrote:

> Excellent.  Thanks, Tom.  So basically, eating dates is just as bad as eating sugar?
> That's the conclusion I was drawing.  I hear so much bad stuff about sugar (white sugar) from diet-o-philes that I had it in my mind that anything BUT sugar cane was pretty much an improvement.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized that any supercarb is the same regardless of its source.
> What about fruit?

Dates and other fruits have a mix of sugars, but they are
all sugars with similar effects on the body. The main
advantage of fruits and veggi sugar is that it comes
included with some vitamins and minerals etc, so it is not
pure evil, some good things in there. I eat quite a lot of
fruit, it is about the only carbohydrate I do eat much of. I
seldom eat enough to be out of the "low-carb" diet zone.
These days, after a year and a half of low carb paleo, I
just feel bad if I eat much sugar of any sort. Even a lot of
veggies taste distinctly sweet, carrots and bell peppers.