From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:06:03 -0500
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:48:12 -0500, Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I don't necessarily believe anything I read on Quackwatch.

I don't necessarily believe everything I read in "scholarly journals"
either.  Our knowledge of the human body is incomplete, and based on
assumptions that we may later find out to be false.  Medical science used
to consider bloodletting and amputations as good treatments.

Personally, I don't buy the acid/alkiline bit in food because (as others
noted), the stomach is a highly acid environment.  If your body needs to
move some things out of storage (be it bone, fat, muscle, or whatever), it
will replenish that storage the next time nutrients are available.  Not to
mention I just don't think humans are as fragile as that.  It seems to me
that if our primitive forefathers had to be concerned with acid/alkiline
balances, fat/carb ratios, or whatever,  they would have died off before
we ever left the trees.

--
   Robert Kesterson