Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:48:48 -0500
Sky Yardley wrote:

> Someone mentioned something about Neanderthin was basically no carbs, just
> meat and fat.  I didn't get that from the book  What I got was to eat what
> our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate... and that definitely includes fruit and
> vegetables, in my view.

I agree.  Who says Paleolithic hunter/gatherers ate primarily meat and
fat?  Seems funny that we have 28 teeth designed for crushing grains,
vegetables, fruits, etc and only 4 teeth designed for ripping animal
flesh.

Taking the ratio of 28:4, that's the same as 7:1 ratio of vegetables to
meat.  Why would we have this ratio of teeth if our diet has
historically consisted of "mostly meat and fat"?  Did nature make a
mistake????