From:
John Mazura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:42:25 -0600
Dori, I like it...grazing all day on vegies and small amounts of
meat...similar to how I eat...the oils?... even after reading Rosedale,
well?...I'll reread and do some further research on his thinking...is oil
Paleo? (the only thing I know about paleo is from a month of lurking on the
list) Oils are empty calories and..."the fat you eat can become the fat you
wear"  You certainly are getting enough animal protein.  Your unlimited
vegie intake alone probably supplies all the portein your body requires.

I seem to detect a current of "hunger" on this list...the subtle desire to
"eat more".  Paleo people must have had bountiful days and lean
days...fasting almost forced on them at times? Ever tried fasting?  Modern
day thinking does not seem to be able to come to grips with having less,
wanting less, eating less, smaller portions... Food has always been a
problem, for Paleo man because of scarcity and for modern man because of
the shear abundance...an abundance we cannot seem to imagine living without.

To Adrien's question, "Once you reach your goal weight, does Dr. R. suggest
that you alter your food intake at all ie gradually add a bit more food?"
My answer would be why?  It sounds adequate.

The latest scientific research shows that the single most important health
and longevity factor is a scanty diet or underfeeding.  I believe in a
scanty diet of nutritionally superior foods.

John Mazura
Corozal Town, Belize, Central America