From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:59:51 +0200
Ray Audette wrote:
>Hemp is the oldest known cultivated plant.  Ordered rows of hemp
>plants have been found at paleolithic sites
>dated to 25,000 years old.
>It's seeds are
>an excellent source of EFAs and it's fibers are very useful.
To my records, hemp has been come into usage in the middle europeean
neolithic culture long ago, but only some thousand years after
its beginning. Constituting a replacement or competition for
flax in two properties:
 1. The fat ingredients - its very fatty and tastes hmmm
 2. The fibers for clothings ropes etc.

Both are (for both plants) IHMO and in my experience superb
(I personally prefer linen shirts and trousers over fur...)

But your numbers actually backdate the begin of cultivations
to 25000 years ago. Neo-dope-lithic revolution at first?

>The plants
>also contain alkaloids designed to produce euphoria in birds and

>promote their spreading the seeds further than they would otherwise.
Or maybe the intoxicating effects on the brain are "intended"
to keep away its predators.
By weakening the predators in its ability and intentions...

>For this
>reason, extracts of these alkaloids have been used by Falconers in
>the Middle East to calm newly caught falcons for millennia.
Oh, your falcon too?

>Because this euphoria is also produced in humans, hemp production is
>severely restricted in the U.S.  In spite of this, legal products

>from this plant are finding their way into the U.S. market.
I've at home some lbs of legal hemp seed (devoid of thc- drug free).

>Ray Audette

Amadeus Schmidt

sorry that my last message escaped unformatted and double)

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net