From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 00:23:32 +0200
At 12:47 2000-08-04 MDT, Dori wrote:

>So, I gave the Anchell plan a try and while I may give it another go in the
>future, it's 'so long' for now.

I think that a paleodiet should be varied. H/g people usually use hundreds
of different species for food and medicine. The Anchell plan is very
limited in this aspect, so I think it can not be regarded as a paleodiet,
and should be discussed in another forum. I am a bit surprised that you
have considered it at all.

>Cabbage, tomatoes, eggplant and
>several different peppers (chocolate beauty, pimento, purple beauty, golden
>bell, etc) are ready for harvest.

Personally I think it is very hard to eat only what one can be sure has
been food for our ancestors, so instead I avoid the ones that I am
convinced was not eaten. So in your garden I would only pick cabbage
and squash. The nightshades do not belong in my kitchen.

- Hans