From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:02:23 +1100
With all the Neolithic poisons, the average Joe has an immune system that's
as weak as a little old hunter-gatherer lady's (not that they're little as
they don't get much osteoporosis). So illnesses are more common and hit
harder. You don't even have to get technical about the effects on white
blood cells. Just look in the mouth. the Neolithic diet lectins break down
the protective linings of the mouth, and the starches feed the bugs. So,
non-paleos have a mouth full of germs (and cavities and fillings). That's
why a human's bite is usually regarded as more germ-ridden than an animal
bite. This poor oral environment provides a great breeding ground for other
bugs which is why people get throat infections and 'flu's so easily.

Going paleo gives a natural boost to the immune system starting with oral
hygeine, fortifying mucosaI barriers (normally eroded by lectins) and by
boosting white cell control.  I haven't gotten anywhere near the number of
bugs I usually get since going Paleo- and I kick them easily.

For this reason, it should be obvious to you all that those poor sucks on
the Neolithic diet need their vaccines to protect them from their weak
immune systems. Just read about the history of diphtheria coming into Berlin
last century and killing 100,000 children in one winter. if 100,000 children
got diphtheria in Sydney, we wouldn't have enough intensive care beds to
care for them, them mortality would skyrocket above the modern figure of
(what is it? 1%? 5%?). So, yes I'm as pro-vaccination as you can get. I have
an open mind about the risks, but the benefits are far higher. Now, I know
that will piss some of you off, but everyone's treading on eggshells about
this issue. It's time for a bit of the other side. The flu nearly killed me
in 1984- so I've had a shot every year since and never gotten it again.

As for children with ADD, autism etc, I can only say 3 things:
1. The Paleoltihic diet is by far the best for them as it has the highest
level of brain building blocks and brain food and vitamins antioxidants and
other goodies. The brain has enormous nutritional requirements- the paleo
diet surpasses all others in thsi regard. Especially if you make sure you're
including liver and root vegetables.
2. I think their problems are more likely to be related to nutritional
issues than vaccination reactions.
3. My heart goes out to them and their families and I wish them all well.

I have my doubts about comfort vaccination eg chickenpox which is basically
advocated because of both parents working, it's hard for someone to take a
week off to look after young Spotty. (That is the basis of some of the
cost-benefit analysis of this expensive vaccine). Still, the idea of my
Little Fairy Princess getting a chickenpox scar on her snozzie will probably
see me go for it if it comes out in Australia.

Ben Balzer