From:
Aaron Wieland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 00:01:00 -0400
Mateja Mikek wrote:
> 3)  Everyone here says, how brain is a rich source of  w3 fatty acids,
> but USDA
> nutrient database says there aren't any w3 acids there. For instance -
> beef brain:
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/list_nut.pl
> Where could one find more info on this?

This isn't an answer to your question, but your mention of the USDA
database reminded me of something I recently discovered.  I've been
reading about the USDA and Canadian Nutrient File databases; I was a bit
shocked to learn how some of these values are determined.  For example,
the amount of vitamin C in meat is *assumed* to be zero.  Period.
Tomorrow, I'll check whether the documents say anything about the
measurement of fatty acids.

Cheers,
-- Aaron Wieland