From:
Maddy Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:53:44 EDT
To Dori, Susan, Jay, Jeff, and all the others who have survived nightmarish
illnesses to arrive here-

I commend you all. It is an honor to "know" you, and a pleasure to be a party
to your collective wisdom and wonderful positive attitudes. Yes, as Dori
said, such an experience changes one's life forever.

I, too, am a survivor and a changed person, although it was not cancer I
dealt with, but a 13 year history of horrific mental illness in the form of
severe bipolar disorder. And March 9th I celebrated the 4th anniversary of my
recovery, having taking no medications nor had a single "episode" in 4 years.

Without Paleo, I would still be languishing in a twilight zone of
excruciating psychic anguish, compounded by the sickening side effects of the
useless medications I was tortured with for so many years. Of course I was
never told to "get my affairs in order" since this ghastly disease does not
kill, at least not directly. But knowing that the suicide rate for people in
the depressive phase of a bipolar episode is as high as 15%, speaks something
of the suffering it heaps upon its hapless victims.

Paleo is not a treatment for any particular condition; rather, it is a way of
life that I embrace, along with all you other wonderful people. Thank you all
for almost 4 years of unwavering support.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY