From:
Monty Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 12:54:30 -0700
Hi, my name is Monty and I've been a lurker on
this list for close to two years.  You're a great
group and I've enjoyed it immensely.  Todd Moody
has been exceptionally interesting with his
inquiring, open mind and research material.  Since
I'm a bottom line person, I'll get right to my
question:

I recently read that galanin is a brain hormone
that regulates the body's desire for fat and as
galanin levels rise, so does your desire to eat
foods that contain fat.

Apparently there was a study done by Sarah
Leibowitz of The Rockefeller University that
showed that when galanin is injected into the
hypothalamus of laboratory animals, they select
more fatty foods.  It also was reported that the
more galanin you make, the more fat you store.

Anyone know anything about this?