From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:09:02 -0500
I wonder if one can have both type 1 and 2 at the same time - in other words
your islet cells no longer work or have been detroyed (so you take insulin
injections) and your body cells are resistant to the insulin (because of
poor blood sugar management practices and diet)? I could see an improvement
of diet would allow for better and immediate utilization of the insulin as
soon as it enters the bloodstream.

I was just speaking to someone last night whose brother is slowly going
blind (although has stabilized for the time being) because of type 2 (adult
onset) diabetes and his diet seems to allow for starchy foods like white
bread. We didn't really get into his exact diet but she was saying that it
was recommended by the Canadian Diabetic Association (or some such
organization). I wish I could talk to him!

Marilyn