From:
Tim Rowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:09:49 -0500
wayne hammons wrote:

> I was pretty shocked when my results came back with a 330 cholesterol and
> decided to research the whole cholesterol thing to see if I was being
> fool
> hearty and taking undue risk. I could not find the smoking gun that links
> serum cholesterol to heart disease.  If I were a conspiracy theorist I
> would
> jump to the conclusion that 'The MAN' is covering up the truth about
> heart
> disease to profit on the lie that is being passed off as fact, but I
> am not.
>
> In the mean time triglyceride levels dropped from 200 to  70 in that
> span.
> The only thing that bothered me was glucose level hovered around 95 and
> finally went to 105.  I thought eating low carb would lower my blood
> sugar
> but it hasn't.

There is little doubt in my mind that 'Big Pharma' has advanced the
cholesterol theory of heart disease beyond what is indicated by sound
research to increase profits from statin drugs.  Let your total
cholesterol get above 200-220, and I'd be surprised if your doctor
doesn't at least broach the topic of statins with you.  There are many
other hypothesis as to the proximate causes of heart disease, including
cholesterol, inflammatory, infectious, autoimmune and gene theories.

Tim