From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 04:59:45 -0500
On Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:03:45 -0700, David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>One common complaint that I receive from many of the people
>who unsubscribe is list volume.

It seems to me (am I wrong?) that many of these people are not
aware of the procedure in signing up for this list where
1. You only get, for example, a single insignificant email per day with
   just one line links to messages.
2. You only use the web interface to scan/read/post/reply to
   the daily messages, for
   example sorted by time of arrival (> 30 messages a day).
So I just scan the list and can see what topics have no interest
for me (about 50% of them) and don't look at them at all
and there is no impact on my email. I would
go crazy if all these messages were in my email inbox.

Philip Thrift
http://www.paleofitness.com