From:
Jean Risman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 01:15:56 -0400
> Stick to berries, the fiber cancels out the same number of carbs and
you're
> way ahead of the game.  Most of the melons are genetically modified and
too
> sweet/addictive.  Oliva (who loves raspberries)

Thanks Olivia - I usually buy all my fruits and vegetable and just about
everything else I eat at the all natural organic market. Today I was doing a
favor for a sick friend so ventured into a regular supermarket. The
cantaloupes seemed to speak to me. I love berries too. Bought some organic
strawberries last week, but the cost of organic berries, at least right at
the moment, is too steep to make them a regular part of my diet, at least
fresh berries. I also bought some frozen organic wild Maine blueberries (I
live in Maine) and they are very good. So berries it is. If nothing else the
cost will keep me from overindulging.

Jean