From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 14:06:31 -0700
> Thank you for your message about allergies! I am trying to pin down the
> food that is causing me to be very itchy and restless leg syndrome. It
> looks like it could be almost anything!

Or any combonation.  My cherry allergy (my "new" allergy) turns out to be a
combo-allergy.  I now realize, through experimentation, that it only shows up
if:  I eat a LOT of cherries, and I eat them with a tree-nut (macadamia nuts or
hazelnuts).  Otherwise I clear.  Since it takes a combo to do it, I could have
had the cherry allergy all along and didn't know it.   Oh well.

Easy solution (and paleo solution to boot) -- eat one ingrediant meals.  IgE
allergy symptoms will show up within two hours of ingestion, or they don't
matter.  IgG symptoms may take longer, but will tend to be milder.  itchy
sounds like an IgE symptom, just eat one at a time.  restless leg sounds like
it could be either type, but if corelates exactly to the itchy, thenit is also
probably IgE.  As for me, I think I'm going to switch to one-ingrediant meals
permenently.  I'm already almost all of the way there, I just eat meals
occasionally with two ingrediants.

Erik