From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:35:28 -0800
I believe in Protein Power the Eades discuss that
there is a limit to how much protein your body can
handle.  If you exceed that limit you will feel
nauseous.  From my experience I believe this is true.
I think that the time of day matters also.  I find
myself eating more protein earlier in the day (as part
of fatty meat).  I think that the body needs some fat
(or carbs) with protein to digest the protein.
Bodybuilders eating large quantities of protein are
usually eating a decent portion of carbs with their
fat-free meat.

> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:30:54 -0500
> From:    Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Evidence that animal fat is good?
>
> [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
> >Putting aside the issue of gluconeogenesis (the
> conversion of protein to
> >glucose), there is some very compelling evidence
> that too much protein
> >ain't good for the kidneys.  This is the reason for
> the uproar over
> >high protein diets.  The ideal non-Summer paleo
> diet is high good fat,
> >moderate protein, and low carbohydrate.  One way to
> accomplish this is
> >to follow Rosedale's suggestion and limit yourself
> to three or four
> >pack-of-cards-sized portions of protein a day.  I
> think Ray Audette was
> >right when he said that muscle meats were thrown to
> the dogs and fat was
> >eaten preferentially.
> >

> I don't think there is *any* evidence that any
> amount
=== message truncated ===

http://farechase.yahoo.com