From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 21:13:16 -0600
Aaron Wieland wrote:

> Fasting for 1-3 days may be easy for you, but it's very draining and
> stressful for me, as is true, I think, for most people with
> hypoglycemia.

I've been truly amazed since eating paleo AND low-carb for the last few
months that 1 or 2 day fasting, which used to make me feel like death
warmed-over,
now actually increases my energy level.  I feel jazzed and a little restless, but

not drained at all.  I've had hypoglycemic episodes for at least 30 years.

I've started fasting on each new moon, as a way of connecting with the cycles
of nature.  This is possible now, which wasn't before.
I'm guessing my previous reaction to fasting was actually to the drop from
high to no carb.  Since I'm already low carb (30g or less a day), this little
drop doesn't make a difference.

Lynnet