From:
Greg Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:11:37 -0500
Re: using nut flours as replacements for white flour in recipes. I've
tried this a few times now (only been eating paleo for a few months) and
I can't seem to get good results. I tried this pancake recipe and I
think I'm doing something wrong because they basically turned to mush
when I tried to flip them. Is there some sort of trick to cooking with
nut flour? ie. lower temps for longer or higher temps etc.? I used pecan
flour by the way, maybe almond flour is more appropriate?? I've had
similar problems trying to make pumpkin bread where it stays mushy inside...

Also concerned about cooking using nut flour because of the unsaturated
fat potential to be ruined by the heat.. but I'm not sure exactly how
that works 'cause I've heard different opinions.

-Greg