From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 21:44:25 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/99 2:59:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>  There is some merit to using precise language and learning from others'
>  well-intended input.
>
>  Holly

I would understand your reaction, if I had a habit of incorrect English
usage.  English is my
first language.  Although I am not an editor, nor perfect (redundant?) I'm
not careless.
Typographical
errors not withstanding, I don't think I make that many errors.  Certainly not
enough to justify being "nit-picked"...a term you yourself used accurately.
Nothing
in my message was lost or misunderstood for using THE AUTHOR'S chosen word to
describe someone 100 yrs old.

We aren't here writing our discertations.  We're just people exchanging ideas.
If everything you read and see needs correction, then I feel sorry for you.
Life
is too short (no dig on anyone's life expectency  8-P ) to spend it worrying
about
little things like that.  I realize it's your job, I respect that, but we're
not writers trying
to get published.  Leave the work at work......cuz (deliberate sp error)
that kind of
"nit-picking" takes the fun right out of what most people are doing, and who
gave you
the right to do that??

 If I want that
kind of nit-picking I'll just go back to MY job and answer some more 911
calls.
Now there's a job that allows no room for error, and rightfully so.

Doing your job for so long has made you over-critical.  Doing my job, has
given me
prospective on what matters in life.  Word usage does NOT matter, not to the
extent
you want it to, and NOT in this forum.

 We've wasted enough time off topic, my
apologies to everyone.