From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 13:59:23 -0700
> I am sure you are right about this, and this is why
> I've always felt that
> these warnings about muscle loss are unnecessarily
> alarmist. In my personal
> experience it's completely undetectable.

I remember reading "somewhere" (it may have been a
book about fasting or a natural hygiene publication)
that during the first 24-72 hours of a fast (depending
on the individual, of course) there is little muscle
tissue lost. The general point of this was that during
that time frame energy levels would increase because
the body was not required to expend energy on
digestion, assimilation, etc. After these initial
energy "peaks", however, the body would begin to burn
muscle tissue at a dramatic pace. Because of this, the
author recommended only infrequent fasts of short
duration.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/