From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 15:46:45 -0700
>I am interested in eating raw meat, poultry and fish. Are there any
>precautions I should take or items I should not eat raw? Was your salmon
>raw? Where can I get grass feed beef, is it the same as organic beef?

I am eating raw meats and fish for 10 years , because i eat every thing raw
, unmixed by instinct ( respecting the attraction by smell) it never been a
problem... but i am very picky about the source of my meats , The animals
have to be raised with a diet as close as possible of their original diet
(grass for herbivorous , insects greens and seeds for chicken etc,
omnivorous unprocessed foods for pigs etc...) fishs and seafoods come from
the stillr elatively clean waters of the west coast of canada (no fishs farm
raised) .
The argument against raw animals products is parasites infections , because
of the quality of the food the problem is minimized
 , healthy animals carry less parasites but they do , It is not rare for me
to see parasites when i dry fish for example, but from the experience of
peoples eating that way it never been a problem except in one occasion when
a person pushed his luck too far and almost died from trichonosis infection:
he ate without pleasure (so not listening to his sense of taste ) the liver
of a mangoust (mangoust which  were scavenging  on humans left over) . Here
i am eating  for years mostly grass fed lamb but which are sometimes
supplemented with grains , i am getting it directly for the farmers so they
are not controled for parasitic infections and i have no ill effect if i am
parasited (that could be possible )
Parasites have been with us for so long that we must be able to live with
them pacifically.

Grass fed beef means that they have access to grass , doesnt mean that they
eat only that necessarely (they will be obviously supplemented with hay that
is okay, but could be finish with concentrated foods , probably grains and
medicamented)
Organic means that they eat only organic foods and are medicated only with
the least invasive method (homeopathie...) but don't guaranty grass fed
(they are rarely , for economical reason, the fatter they are the more
expensive they get.And they is different regulations depending on the
certification program of the state.

I am presently my self drying organic( but not certified )grass fed only and
non medicamented  beef from highland cattle ( kind of neolithic bred of
cattle from scotland with long hair and big horns) . if you are interested
to get some e mail me directly.

Jean-claude