From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:22:07 -0700
On Mon, 06 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Trish Tipton wrote:
>
> > Well there is a catch 22.................  coffee is not good for you due
> > to it being made from a bean, and the caffeine,  yet green tea is suppose
> > to be good for you, yet higher in caffeine.
>
> Coffee "beans" are in fact berries.  I don't think they are
> edible, however.
>
> But are tea leaves edible?  Does anyone eat them?  If not, as I
> suspect, then I don't understand why tea (green or not) would be
> considered paleo.

What kind of food processing was done in paleo times?  What about teas?  It
doesn't strike me as impossible that a tea might have been made, then.  The
information I am short of, is how the paleo's ate, not simply what ingrediants.
 Perhaps it isn't known.  But I wonder if they ate plants and meats together,
or separately, for example.  (some dietitions think this is an important
feature of diets). Did they gorge and eat huge meals, 1 or 2 a day (or fewer)
or eat many small snacks of gathered berries and nuts, pieces of dried meat, or
whatever?  Any ideas?

Erik