From:
John Holman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 10:55:16 +1000
16/5/04 10:25 AM Kristina Carlton wrote:

> but even if I had ordered a hamburger on lettuce I would
> have stood out.

I wonder; how is it possible not to stand out when one chooses to follow a
regime that in percentage terms is probably less than point-one of the norm.

I think the problem is not about standing out.  The problem is being at
peace with it.  I think we often find it hard to be different especially
when the rest of the world is saying that our difference is at best stupid
and unimportant and at worst down-right dangerous.

A paleo diet is hardly mainstream and living a life were the diet you choose
doesn't quite fit with the life you choose can be an interesting challenge
(it is for me).

So, either don't go riding in a caboose when there's a non-paleo friendly
restaurant at the other end (grin) or don't forget to take a lunch box
filled with lots of good paleo tucker.  Most of all, don't feel you have to
make excuses for what you choose eat...

John Holman