From:
Mike MacLeod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:07:41 -0700
>Thanks for the response!  I read Neanderthin and found it fascinating.
>My husband and I have gotten rid of all forbidden foods and have been
>eating Paleo for three days, and I have lost 5 pounds and he has lost 7.
>I definitely can see that this is the way we are meant to eat.  No more
>headaches, carb cravings, afternoon fatigue.  We both feel great.
>
> I am really enjoying reading everyone's posts.   You said that
>following a diet of 30 g or fewer carbs for 48 hours takes care of
>yeast.  Does it kill off all candida in that period of time?  My doctor
>prescribed an oral antifungal powder which I have been taking.  It is
>downright nasty.  I have to mix it with water, gargle with it, and then
>swallow.  It gags me every time.  Tastes like ground up aspirin or
>something.  I would love to stop taking it.
>
>Thanks again!  Jennifer

Good to hear your success.

As far as the yeast goes, from my own limited understanding, they never
really go away - normally, they play some part in the ecology of the body.
When the body's balance goes off, they proliferate and become a problem. My
symptoms go away in about two days, so I infer that things are going back
into equilibrium. Often they disappear overnight.

Mike