From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:21:32 -0500
Last summer, I posted a message about oral candida or thrush.  I had
picked up an awful case of it while vacationing in New Mexico with only
bread, fritos, and similar fare available to eat.  I was stressed,
having driven all night to get there. I was also sunburned and had a
cold.  I drank lots of wine.  All of which triggered a candida
overgrowth that a doctor - not my own who to this day still has no idea
what it was - said he'd only seen in AIDS patients, the extremely
elderly, and those on heavy antibiotics.

Bottom line is I have it again.  It's relatively mild so far - last
year's bout sent me to the emergency room - but I am very afraid of a
repeat experience.  Not exactly sure why I've picked it up, but I do
have a cold, am under a great deal of stress job-wise.  And because I
like to experiment, I did have yogurt as a test of some ideas from our
recent milk conversation.  (Yogurt with honey, I should say).  And I've
been drinking a glass of red wine every night.

I need suggestions out there for what to do at this point to rid myself
of the stuff.  I know it feeds on sugar, so cutting out all sugar
sources (fruit, alcohol, and of course honey.)  But I understand that
that approach can take a long time to kill the yeast infection.

I'm desperate!  Suggestions for what I can do right now?