From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:59:27 -0700
Replying to my own message: I was sent the relevant link this evening. What
the guy (not the FDA) said was that some items marketed as "herbal" or
natural remedies may contain animal parts without the public's being aware,
mostly because they don't understand the terms used in labeling them. He is
concerned that folks might not want to be consuming brain or testicles or
pancreas, but he takes a giant leap and says that such products MIGHT
contain brain, and it MIGHT be tainted. He never said that herbs were
themselves tainted.
I wonder if this guy knows about honest-to-God glandulars, pancreatic
enzymes, and all the dried weird things the Asians value highly. I wonder
if he eats supermarket beef, or hot dogs. I wonder why I'm still up at this
hour going on so. G'night...

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!