From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:15:16 -0500
On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Richard Geller wrote:

> Anyone have more data or thoughts?

A quick PubMed search turns up a wealth of papers discussing
fluoride content of tea, green and black.  Most of this
literature appears to be "pro-fluoride" but it seems to be well
established that tea is one of the main dietary sources of
fluoride.  As you know, fluoridation, like vaccination, is one of
those highly politicized issues.  Some of the articles recommend
tea as a way to "deliver" fluoride to populations where
fluoridation of water is either banned or not implemented in the
first place.

The thyroid connection is of particular interested to me, in
light of the symptoms that I have, as well as the fact that my
tea consumption has increased significantly since starting paleo
(as my consumption of other beverages dropped).  In addition, I
drink more water, and even spring water may have significant
amounts of fluoride.

I am not inclined to alarmism, but I don't want to dismiss the
possibility that I have been poisoning myself.

Todd Moody