From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:31:31 -0400
Sandy wrote:

> I just learned from my MD I have preosteoporosis.He recommends medication
> which he says can reverse it (Proscar?). I asked if diet and excersize
could
> reverse it, he said no,  it would just help somewhat.
>
> Any suggestions?

Assuming you are female, for women who are premenopausal or menopausal,
natural progesterone cream can help build bone mass.

See some of the excellent books on the subject, esp. Lee's Menopause: What
Your Doctor Won't Tell You(something like that). He explains the value of
this specifically for building quality bone mass and would I think
completely disagree with what your MD said.

--Richard