From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 08:39:18 -0700
On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 10:37:11 EDT, Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The
>theory is that the bovine IGF-1 matches that found in humans, thus the
>consumption of dairy results in too much IGF-1 in the body.  I have no idea
>if this information is correct, but it seems to be a common theme on most
>anti-milk sites.

People pay thousands of dollars to increase the amount of IGF-1 in their body,
as it normally decreases as one gets older.

I regularly get spam for various products purporting to increase the amount of
IGF-1 in the body.

If milk increased the amount of IGF-1 in the body, you could sell it for $1,000
a gallon to body builders and octogenarians.

PS   And, yes, when people become "anti-" something, then they suspend all
scepticism in regards to any rumor or purported information - as long as it can
be tallied in the "anti-" column....

--
Cheers,

Ken