From:
Theta Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:20:06 -0800
Stardust wrote:

>I have a colleague who is always complaining about having dry mouth.  She has seen a number of doctor and no one can tell her what is causing this.
>
>She's on the SAD, she has no desire to try the paleo diet, she's overweight, she drinks a lot of water on a daily basis and looks bloated to me.  The worst part of it is that her fluid out-take is so minimal compared to her in-take.
>
>Any suggestions on what is causing Dry mouth?
>
>Maddalena

Fairly obvious to me - only because I've had this problem in the past.
Raw fats are needed - the dry mouth isn't quenched by water alone. But
rebalancing the electrolytes might be needed.   "Re-lipidation" is the
name of this game...raw avocados, raw butter,  unheated olive oil, etc.
Also the extra minerals, etc. afforded by dark green vegetables would be
helpful (and especially helpful if made into juice as a form of
remediation - only because one can drink so much more of it than one can
eat).

Regards,

-=mark=-