From:
Emiliano Bussolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2011 16:51:27 +0200

Hi everybody,

as I said in the past I am a type 1 diabetic on a paleo (ish) diet since
april 2010. Thanks to the diet my average BG is quite low and the objective
of minimizing exogenous insulin intake is slowly being accomplished.

I have noticed something new (for me) though: I usually run every day for at
least 30-45 mins plus a couple of longer (1-2 hours) sessions in the
weekends. In the past the BG tended to be much lower once finished running,
but what I experience now is that after the short and intense trainings the
BG tends to go up (130 to 140 mg\dl) and stay on that level for at least a
couple of hours. This condition doesn't present itself after the longer
training when the BG is most satisfactory.

For instance, today one hour before running I ate the usual piece of
pemmican plus a spoonful of coconut oil but still after the training (30
minutes of fartlek running avg speed around 11-11,5 Km\h) the BG had gone up
(120) in comparison to what it was when I started (98).

Probably I should eat more before running, or eat longer before to give time
for my body to metabolize what I eat. Or maybe I am not so well keto-adapted
and my body requires sugar rather than fat.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Emiliano