From:
Robyn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:36:15 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/02 9:53:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  too know vegetarians who are very calm, focused...   And yet, I noticed
>  something interesting regarding my animals when they went from processed
>  food to a species appropriate raw diet.
>
>  When my dog and cat switched several years ago to raw meat/bones the new
vet
>  was the first to comment on the fact that he had never seen such calm, yet
>  alert animals.  He gave them thorough exams and then asked what they were
>  eating - he said that it was very unusual to meet new patients who were in
>  such outstanding physical shape, inquisitive, beautiful coats, very alert
>  yet totally calm.  When I explained re. the raw diet, he said that he had
>  heard of this reaction to raw food from other vets.
>
>  Since then I have thought of a species appropriate human diet as
appropriate
>  both psychologically as well as physically.
>
>  Kath

I have had the same results with my raw-fed dogs.

I kept a dog alive (and happy) for two and a half years post-diagnosis with
lymphosarcoma that was supposed to kill her within the month. When she left
us, she was 15.5 years old.

My other dogs had full blood screens done this spring and the vet commented
that all of their results were consistent with what he would expect to see on
1-2 year old dogs. They are 9, 8 and 5.5 years old.

Robyn Rosenthal