From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 2009 14:54:09 +0100

It seems the addictive substances in cooked foods are more commonly referred to as "beta-carbolines" :-

http://www.13.waisays.com/ADHD.htm

(References at bottom of page).

Other pages re opioid peptides in grains and dairy etc.:-

http://www.13.waisays.com/cooking.htm

http://www.13.waisays.com/zombie.htm

Re taste issues:- It isn't only a question of taste. It's also a question of habit. For example, I remember a very early time in my life when I found dairy to taste truly foul(even raw dairy), but, after several years of it being forced on me as part of my diet(due to the wrongheaded notion that it built up calcium levels), I started getting hopelessly addicted to it, no doubt due to the opioids, but habit helped to overcome my initial negative taste-reaction.

Geoff

> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 19:34:53 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Early cooking
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> How about those who feed their dogs raw meat? Have you tried putting raw and
> cooked side by side and see if there is any preference at all, or is there
> really absolutely no preference? Dog preference wouldn't guarantee human
> preference, of course, but it would be a less biased test than relying
> solely on the claims of biased human beings.
>
> If there really is no preference, as some have said, even that argues
> against the idea that taste preference was the main reason behind the
> adoption of cooking by human beings. Because if taste is the main factor, to
> make such a significant change of adopting mostly cooked meats over raw
> meats there would need to be a taste PREFERENCE, not just an equal acceptance.
>
> If there are opioids in cooked meats and the opioids really do trigger
> addiction, one would expect a dog or a human to again prefer cooked meats
> and one would expect that preference to increase as dependence on the
> opioids increased.

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/