From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:00:02 -0800
Aren't you worried about the effect of high heat on the fatty acids in
the flaxseeds. I keep flaxseed refrigerated or frozen until use due to
the fragility of the mulitple double bonds in the fatty acids that make
up the oil -- don't want any more free radicals than necessary.  Guar
gum can also provide a muciliginous gel that would probably do the same
thing in baked products. What the heck are you baking anyway?

Namaste, Liz

--
http://shopnow.netscape.com/