From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:14:27 -0800
At 15:29 4/01/03, Joshua Sonnikson wrote:
>I make a number of foods with egg yolks.  I'd really like to keep the
>whites for later consumption.  Does anybody know how long egg whites will
>last in a refrigerated, sealed container?
>
>Thanks,
>Joshua

Whites deteriorate over a week or so, especially once out of the shell. You
can tell by the loss of firmness; they get more watery. Why not just freeze
them? Or why not just eat them right away, mixed into omelets and other
things that use whole eggs? Or, assuming that you're into cooking, fry them
gently and cut into strips for snacking, or crumble into salads, etc.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!