From:
Linda Deck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 21:42:14 -0400
Hi Jean-Claude,

I'm brand new to this list (these were the first posts I received today) and
I'm looking forward to lots of wonderful info.

Your offer of sharing nature's bounty sounds wonderful -- I hope there are
folks out there who can reciprocate.  But I wonder what the prohibitions
might be on shipping personally gathered and "unprocessed" (except for
drying) foodstuffs (plant material, especially) out of the country, with an
eye to concerns on pest distribution.  You probably should become very
familiar with the regulations before attempting.  Within country is probably
just fine, tho.

FYI, everyone, I'm a type 1 diabetic who has been following an LC diet for
about a year and having great results.  I also became lactose intolerant at
the same time of diabetes onset, and now I realize that my diet is actually
a Paleo diet (no grains, no dairy, no legumes, yes meat, yes veggies (low
carb) and yes nuts and berries).  So I eagerly anticipate learning more from
you all.

Best,

Linda