From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:59:19 +0900
On Tuesday, November 22, 2005, at 08:35  PM, michael raiti wrote:

> The article makes a statement about the increase of
> cooking not the onset of cooking.  So perhaps the
> question should be how did cooking before and after
> the agricultural revolution differ.
>
> Mike

Interesting, I saw an article in the newspaper about the same effect
happening here in japan. By the bones, japanese faces a few thousand
years ago were much wider and heavier boned than now. The article said
the theory was that people have been steadily eating softer and softer
food, which does not exercise the muscles and bones enough in
childhood, which results in less robust faces. Not a genetic thing, an
environmental effect of different food. So Japanese faces are getting
more triangular, with very narrow and weak jaws, and uneven teeth.

My wife, for example, had 6 teeth pulled to make room.