From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 07:57:05 -0500
On Fri, 11 May 2001 09:49:24 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I think plenty of people on this list will find the following
>interview quite interesting.  It deals with insulin as the
>"master switch" for a large number of disease processes.
>
>http://www.dfhi.com/interviews/rosedale.html

Great article about insulin resistance.
Actually a summary of much we have talked about.
Interesting too that he (Rosedale) looks at saturated fats as a kind of
sugar - like starch.
Great description of how insulin resistance develops, and how it works.

After I've read all this and much agreement on my side,
now for some weaker points, I think it would be worth to speak about.
1.The assumption that insulin resistance generally increases in the course
 of the live - even at normal (adapted or paleolithically usual)  intake
 of carbs.
 I think such a general deterioration could not be assumed for a normal
 function. But in the case of intoxications (by some toxins
 accumulating in the cells like cross linked proteins) it would be logical,
 IMHO.

2.How to *treat* the high insulin state properly. It turns out that
 Rosedale's  main treatment is a low carb diet and  high doses of
 B-Vitamins,vitaminoids  and minerals.
 Low carb eating, I think is known as a good *treatment* of diabetic
 problems. I think it schouldn't be necessary to protect against diabetic
 developements in healthy normals.
 The B-Vitamins are my own main guess of what would be missing in
 westernized carbs and a main cause of diabetic and i.resistance  problems.
 It's interesting that he mentiones Coenzyme Q10 as important.
 I myself would like to include alpha lipoic acid together with CQ10 as
 well, they have similar purposes and fates.
 (just that alpha lipoic acid works at a strategic key point,
 pyruvate dehydrogenase).

Amadeus Schmidt-Philipp