From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 04:08:33 -0800
Small frequent meals for me always creates more
problems.  I find that eating 3 good meals a day when
I feel hungry is best.  Maybe a snack after dinner if
I stay up later than usual.  I tend to eat a decent
amount of meat for each meal.  I stay away from
chicken and most fish as they seem to digest too fast.
 Even lean beef or lean pork chops.  I also add 1 or 2
tablespoons of oil to my meals.  I stay away from
fruit and nuts.  I tend to eat lots of veggies with
the meat.  I have been including roasted root veggies
with dinner and finding that it is very satisfying.
For me eating frequent meals gives me more blood sugar
problems which results in me overeating in terms of my
caloric need.  When I find myself overindulging for
any length of time (such as the holidays) I find that
short term supplementation can be an aid to resisting
the desire to eat frequently until I get my
"willpower" back.  I find that walking (45 min - 1 hr)
at a moderate pace every other day aids me mentally
and physically in terms of keeping my relationship
with food healthy (especially during the winter
months).

I find that my meals are more appealing if a let
myself get hungry for a while before I eat.  I find
that I need to be up for 2 1/2 to 3 hours before
eating breakfast and that I sleep best if I don't eat
anything for 4-5 hours before I go to sleep. I also
find that I around 2 hours after I eat I feel a small
desire to eat which always passes.

Although I don't need to lose weight which is what
your question was about, I do expect that if I started
eating every couple of hours I would start to gain
weight.  To me it seems that a key to weight
management is being able to feel hunger discomfort the
stomach and yet have a clearly thinking head that is
able to not get caught up into thinking about food and
that it must be time to eat.

Mike

 From:    Debby Padilla-Hudson

http://mail.yahoo.com