From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:18:59 -0400
On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Ray Audette wrote:

> Asians have much higher rates of auto-immune disorders including several
> times the cancer rates of Americans.  Lectins in rice also cause several
> types of malnutrition that predominate in Asia.  China also has one of the
> highest rates of obesity in the world according to a recent Wall Street
> Journal article.

Would this be from the article you mean:"Diseases that have
become part of everyday life in the West are now rapidly
increasing in China. Newly-affluent city dwellers are replacing
the traditional modest, rice-based meal with Western-style
fast-food and lavish Chinese banquets. Expensive cigarettes and
alcohol have become everyday status symbols. The result is an
alarming increase in high blood pressure, heart disease and
obesity."

It's also paradoxical, isn't it, that the longest-lived people on
earth are the rice-eating Okinawans.

> If 95% of Americans die of Auto-immune disorders caused by eating grains and
> other technology-dependent foods, I think it's safe to assume that they are
> safe only for those who are about to die from auto accidents or contagious
> diseases.

I don't think it has yet been demonstrated that cancer and heart
disease are autoimmune diseases, although of course it's
possible.

Todd Moody