From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:31:19 -0800
     Go and eat
> out with these people, talk about your "weird" beliefs (but also
> know when enough is enough and when to shut up:).

Brenda,

I say less and less these days, at least to people I know won't
listen. I'm torn really. Part of me doesn't like seeing people
suffer miserable ill health for no reason whatsoever. Another part
of me thinks that if people are going to be ignorant and obnoxious
they deserve what they get.

  ***** Hahaha, I actually agree with that, darlin'!!!  It frustrates me to NO END when people are so hard-headed and gullible that they fall for everything that is fed to them, especially the people I truly care about.  But, like you said, on the other hand, sometimes I'm just like "go ahead and die, then, I don't care"!!!  But, to clarify my statement above, I wasn't actually talking about converting people, just being comfortable about eating out with them if they asked questions.  :)  (Most people who know me don't dare ask me questions anymore, hehe.)

> If they knew exactly what they believed for themselves, they would
> feel no need to pick on someone else. Again, be proud that you
> guys know more at your age than most people do at twice MY age, lol.

 A couple of times I thought
to myself, maybe I know everything I need now and I can leave this
list... but looking back that was crazy. I'll never run out of
things to learn. The thing is, almost none of it now is about what I
should eat, or how I should cook it etc, it's about what I
*shouldn't* eat and *why*.

  ***** Again, I agree.  I am not here because I'm full-blown Paleo, but because I am learning an awful lot here.  I like to hear all sides of things and then decide what makes the most sense in my OWN mind, because there are so-called scientific studies on all sides of the proverbial fences!!  Which means, of course, we have to weed out who funds these studies and all that other bullcrap for ourselves, sigh, but it's helpful to have many viewpoints, at least to me.

   But I still read it because people want so-
called "scientific proof" for everything. In fact, I've seen people
witness paleo as an effective means of weight loss and STILL dismiss
it as witchcraft.
Ashley

  ***** Oh yes, as opposed to say, all the CRAP on the market that attorneys are making a KILLING off of after a thousand+  women die-off from taking it, sigh.  Again, I'm with you on trying to learn all of this stuff because people want "proof", but I've also found that I can "proof them" until I'm blue in the face and they STILL do whatever the heck they want to do.  Sooooo...my latest mantra is...."I spend a LOT OF TIME doing my due diligence, which means I can't remember every single detail to report back to you, and I am also not your babysitter, so YOU go do your OWN research if you're so inclined, and if not, stop bothering ME."

  Love,
  Bren, trying harder to be a hard ass since they mostly don't listen anyway, lol