From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:29:36 -0600
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:18:11 -0600, Tracy Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> What would be nice also is if more cities would permit ppl to keep
> chickens, etc. Obviously not an option for apartment dwellers like
> myself, but if I had a decent backyard...
There is actually a "chicken" movement in many smaller cities, including
several in our area.  City dwellers are limited to small numbers of hens
only.
Some local cities also allow beehives in the city.  A friend of mine just
got
his swarm for his backyard hive.  The city said: bees really are wild
animals; we
don't have regulations for wild animals, so you can have bees as long as
they are
not a nuisance to your neighbors.

Perhaps a beehive on your balcony?  If you're on the second floor or
above, the
flight path would be well above passersby.  If there are flower gardens
nearby, the bees should have plenty of forage.

	Lynnet