From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:42:57 -0500
> I never feel the reference ranges are listing what is  optimally healthy

Agreed.  The ranges are simply what's "normal" for the tested population.  The problem, though, when you get into doctor defined optimally healthy ranges is that they really don't know.  Look at cholesterol for instance.  There's evidence out there that it simply *doesn't matter* what your cholesterol levels are.  That there's absolutely no correlation between high levels of LDL and illness.  You end up chasing ghosts all the time if you pay attention to the current nutritional pundit.

I am betting my life on the idea that if you just try to replicate what our ancestors ate as closely as possible that you'll probably live a healthier and happier life.  Seems to be working so far.