Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:55:23 -0600
Mary wrote:
> I'm wondering how others handle family situations where you are
> the ONLY one
> doing paleo!! and everyone else is devouring chips, dip, cola, sugar sugar
> sugar etc.??

Oh how I can relate to your post!  My family gets their kicks from giving me
as much crap as possible at family get togethers.  It keeps them amused and
entertained for literally hours.  One of last years favorites was to go on
and on about how wonderful so and so's pizza is etc.  At this point I guess
I am suppose to be jealous that I can't eat it.  This from the same people
who know how sick I was before I started eating paleo AND some who are
pretty sick themselves.  You know after two and a half years you would think
they would give it up but nooooo.

I take food with me to gatherings, enough for everyone to have some if they
want.  Thanksgiving is at my house and they know it will be paleo.  For as
much crap as they flip me about my diet, I always have a full house on
Thanksgiving and no one seems to have a problem going back for seconds.

Patti
in Idaho