From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:27:50 -0500
> One shouldn't die from a fall

A conk on the head *can* kill a person.  Last month a local man, aged 56-57,
died from a fall.  Took a misstep on a ladder rung and fell, hitting his
head on the concrete floor.  Was brain dead upon arrival to the hospital.

Change of subject--
My husband's secretary, a Seventh Day Adventist (sugar-laden, junk foodie)
vegetarian for the past 15 years, went on the Atkins Diet 2 weeks ago.  Not
paleo, for sure, but a vast improvement over what she has been eating.  She
says she's been staying at induction level but has only lost 3 lbs.  Anybody
venture a guess why the weight's not dropping off?  She's about 50 lbs
overweight.  Everyone else I've known who had a significant amount to lose
usually dropped pretty fast.   She still has carb-cravings, but I think they
may be psychological/habit, since she says she's not hungry (to me a
positive sign that she really is keeping carbs real low).

Theola