From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 07:26:13 -0500
On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Mary wrote:

> their meat is almost all grain fed except for a tiny bit of lamb from NZ, it
> is a very high carb store....very Vegan oriented

The Fresh Fields markets around here (Philadelphia) have fairly
extensive meat counters, with on-site meat cutting and packaged
free-range meats.  They also have "organic" poultry and a seafood
department, and a very large and impressive assortment of
cheeses.  I don't think you could call these stores
vegan-oriented, but there may be regional variation in what they
stock.  I have also bought "organic" salami at Fresh Fields that
did not have additives.  The deli counter has plenty of non-vegan
items, such as rotisserie chickens and various sliced meats.

Prices tend to be high, but it's a useful store.

Todd Moody