From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 00:55:38 -0800
> I had a question on beans. I understand they are not
> considered paleo but I am wondering why this would
> be for green beans etc. You can eat them raw, naked
> with a big stick. Also how about peas? Thanks!
>
> Melissa

Y'know, I asked almost the exact same question once,
and I really didn't get a straight answer. What I'd
really like to know is whether it is beans that are
not paleo, or is it all legumes in general. Legumes
cover a very large family of foods, and beans are
merely a subset (in fact, there are a number of
different categories of beans as well, but let's not
get into that right now).

Personally, I would have to include green beans and
peas in the "maybe" category since both can be, and
are quite often, eaten in the raw state. So, if they
are verboten because they are legumes, then the
opinion must be that all legumes are non-paleo.
However, if they are verboten because they are simply
"called" beans, then there is an obvious problem with
terminology.
http://messenger.yahoo.com