From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:22:43 -0600
>I suspect a number of us on this group are here because we had problems and
>found that a natural diet works wonders in helping us on the road to
>recovery.

It depends on your definition of 'cure', I guess, but I'd have to say I
cured my PCOS (polycycstic ovarian syndrome).  My cycles regulated
IMMEDIATELY when I went low-carb.  We're talking anywhere from 30 to 55 days
apart to 35, 35, and 35 for the first three after The Change and then a
gradual decline (?) over the first year.  My average cycle now?  Thirty-one
days with only rare exceptions.  Before I started eating this way, I would
have advised stock market addicts to buy shares of EPT (pregnancy test).

Of course, I told a doctor-friend about this and he said it was all because
of my weight loss.  I'm sorry, but ten pounds ain't gonna end 18 years of
irregularity in the blink of an eye.

This way of life also put to rest (pa dum, *ch*) a lifetime of insomnia AND
clinical depression (for those interested in my dirty laundry).  In five
years I've only caught two minor colds, both when I started teaching at JFK
High (aka the germ factory).  I've had close friends bowled over by
whatever's in the air and I just keep skippin' along.  Those colds were
nothing compared to what the term USED to mean, by the way.  Life is grand!
That's why I'm here to stay.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO