From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:57:57 -0500
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:03, mark wilson wrote:

>If you eat the meal on your website without much
>deviation, I think your diet is more than exceptional.

There was a discussion here a while ago about 'falling off the wagon' -
that is, about what it is that tempts or drives people away from a valued
commitment; in this case it is the commitment to living through a Paleo
diet.

I do eat the meal pictured (but with many variations, all Paleo to the
same degree as depicted here) for around 10 meals a week.  Breakfast seven
days a week is just meat (and black coffee) (again, never the same meat
two days in a row: kangaroo, beef muscle, beef organ, lamb, poultry, eggs,
rabbit).  Two evening meals a week I have a high carb (100-300g) meal of
starches (sweet potato, parsnip, taro, carrot, yams - not the common
potato) and fresh fruit (this meal is to stimulate the insulin
occasionally without turning my body away from the Paleo norm of fat-
burning).  Oh, yes, a glass of red wine once or twice a week and a
restaurant meal (as close to Paleo as the menu allows) about once every
six weeks as well.

There is a bit more variation than this careful recital indicates, but
it's still within the same Paleo principles.

Funny thing is, I enjoy this style of eating and am never at all tempted
to eat groceries or more meals prepared by others.  The amount of
discipline I find I need is zilch.  It doesn't seem exceptional to me -
just fun, satisfying and I feel good about what I'm eating (too smug,
perhaps? - but I hope we can be honest about how we manage our counter-
cultural ways!)

Keith