From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 19:08:04 -0700
>Kerry
-.  BTW I am
>also interested in people's opinions of grassfed beef vs grain fed.  My
>celiac son is unable to gain weight, and going to all wild (including free
>range, grassfed) meat is the last thing I can think of to help him.

There is a huge difference for me in the taste between the grass and grain
fed beef ( i eat it raw without seasonning ) the latter one leave an
unpleasant "meat taste " ( that i thought was the taste of meat) in the
mouth , the other one have a beautiful flavor .( i have lot experience with
differents kind of meat (organic and non organics , grass fed  or not
etc...) the fat of the grass fed is more yellow than white . and the grain
fed bring agitation and sweating at night in me . the grass fed don't. The
marrow is quite different too very white in a commercial beef more coloured
in grass fed (rose and yellow) and more dense consistency.
I am drying a quarter of an  highland cattle right now , it make me think
that a difference in breed of cattle play a role too but this comparaison
between grass and grain have been done with same breed too. If someone is
interested by the dry beef let me know by private e mail.
Jean-claude